Target the Corrupt Republican Campaign: Tom DeLay
But it is more than just DeLay. I have been looking to target a series of Republican Congresscritters to expose their ethical lapses. This campaign began some time ago on Daily Kos and in my own Progressive Democrat newsletter (now being blogged). People have been pressuring me to put this campaign on a blog for easier publicity. After much delay, here is the beginning of the blog.
I will begin where the scandlas began--with Tom DeLay.
First, read up on what little Tommy DeLay has been up to:
Then start lobbying your Representative demanding DeLay resigns and/or calling for an independent counsel to investigate DeLay's corruption. Doesn't matter if your Representative is a Repub or Dem. BOTH parties need to be pressured to take a strong stand against corruption.
Then focus on the ethics committee. Let them know you are sick of DeLay's scandals and you want him investigated and forced to resign:
Here are the 10 ethics committee members you need to call:
* Chairman Doc Hastings (R-WA): 202-225-5816
* Rep. Judy Biggert (R-IL): 202-225-3515
* Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX): 202-225-4236
* Rep. Melissa Hart (R-PA): 202-225-2565
* Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK): 202-225-6165
* Rep. Alan B. Mollohan (D-WV): 202-225-4172 (Ranking Minority Member)
* Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones (D-OH): 202-225-7032
* Rep. Gene Green (D-TX): 202-225-1688
* Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA): 202-225-1766
* Rep. Michael F. Doyle (D-PA): 202-225-2135
Finally and MOST IMPORTANTLY, hit the issue in your local media. Start writing letters and calling talk shows demanding that DeLay resign.
Even though this may seem like "old news," truth is we have to keep rabble rousing about DeLay's corruption because the Repubs want us to forget about it. I am here to say that we will NOT forget about it.